Samsung Galaxy S III coming to Canada on June 20th
It’s official guys. Samsung Electronics Canada has issued a press release stating that the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S III will be available to Canadians starting June 20th. Canada’s major carriers, like Rogers and TELUS, have begun their pre-ordering process of the Android 4.0 powered smartphone.
In Samsung’s official statement, it says it will work with leading wireless providers in Canada to give customers a choice of service provider. The Samsung Galaxy S III (LTE: SGH-i747) variant will be available from Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, SaskTel, TELUS and Rogers Wireless. Smaller companies like WIND, Mobilicity and Videotron will carry the SGH-iT999 model.
Both the SGH-iT999 and the SGH-i747 models will have identical 1.5GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chips, but the only major difference is that the Rogers/Bell/TELUS/Virgin variant will be equipped with LTE-capabilities whereas the WIND/Mobilicity/Videotron version will be compatible with DC-HSPA+ bands. The great news is that both will be available in 16GB internal storage configurations and a whopping 2GB of RAM (No we did not mistype). So it’s quite obvious North American customers will be compensated with 2GB of RAM whereas international users will only be able to get 1GB of RAM but have that sought after Exynos quad-core processor on board. Although many may be disappointed that Canadians will not receive Exynos quad-core goodness, based on numerous Snapdragon S4 tests out there, the dual-core chipset has proven to be a speed demon as well.
- - Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- - OS (Shipping): ICS 4.0.4
- - Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- - Memory: 2 GB RAM
- - Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- - Weight: 133g
- - Memory: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- - Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- - Display: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280×720 (306ppi)
- - Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- - Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- - Battery: 2100 mAh
- - TouchWiz with Motion UX
- - S Beam
- - AllShare Play enhance functionality
- - MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- - DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player